Teak Refinishing Orange County
Your Teak Furniture’s Best Friend
There is no doubt that outdoor teak furniture is the popular choice amongst homeowners in Orange County. The use of this incredibly tough wood on the beautiful yachts strewn along the docks of Newport Beach and Laguna Beach has made its way inland furnishing homes throughout the region for many years. Yacht owners know that in order to keep the wood looking great takes a combination of skill, knowledge, and time. Outdoor wood furniture is no different; it takes the same amount of knowledge and time to keep the wood looking great year round. Our company has taken the guessing game out of preserving and maintaining your outdoor teak furniture by working hands on refinishing teak and maintaining wood surfaces in Orange County for almost 20 years.
Teak Furniture Misconceptions
Teak furniture is frequently sold as maintenance free. There is a bit of truth to this statement. Yes, you can do absolutely nothing to your furniture and it will still last a lifetime. The natural oils inside the wood make it resilient to insects and damage from moisture. But just as the yachts in the harbor need care to look their best, so does teak furniture at your home. Many choose to allow their furniture to naturally change color and weather, however most want the preserve the blonde color of new teak depending on the design aesthetic of their home. UV exposure, moisture, dust, dirt, and mold will compromise the look of any wood used outdoors and will therefore need periodic care. Preserving the blonde look of the wood will need protection. Encouraging a fresh clean look of gray teak furniture will need cleaning.
Let Us Save Your Damaged Teak Furniture
Not everybody has the knowledge or time to properly protect and uphold the look of their teak investment and many have simply been misinformed at the time of purchase on proper technique. Without proper care, sun and moisture change the vibrant color of natural teak wood to a gray and often black color or tone. The surface of the wood has changed. Underneath the layer of gray oxidation, mold, or previous coatings lies beautiful new wood. Our teak refinishing method is a blend of cleaning and sanding to expose new wood. Various teak sealers are used to keep the wood from changing color and protecting it from mold. We can also encourage teak furniture to naturally gray while keeping it clean.
Make the Right Choice in Choosing Teak Refinishing Orange County
- We are fully licensed, insured, bonded, with almost 20 years of experience. Why chance an unlicensed contractor to enter your property? California State law says that any contractor performing work over $500 must have a license, and operating without it is illegal. We take your property very seriously and have taken the required steps in protecting it. Yes, some can offer a low cost alternative with no license, no insurance, no workers compensation, and no actual shop you can visit. If a low cost price sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Free Pick Up and Delivery for all homeowners in Orange County. Teak Refinishing can be messy. Taking advantage of free pickup and delivery ensures no mess on your property and the work is performed in a controlled environment. Our 5000 square foot headquarters allows the finest care of your teak. You can stop by at any time to take a look at the progress of your set. Work can also be done on site at your home. We ensure all surfaces are meticulously protected when working on site.
- We specialize in restoring all wood types used for outdoor furniture including Jarrah, Mahogany, Ipe, Cedar, Redwood, Nyatoh, and Mangaris.
- We are referred by local teak retailers such as Rogers Gardens, Java Teak, Teak Warehouse, and Brown Jordan at SOCO.
- Our understanding of the special weathering characteristics in the various areas of Orange County such as the salt air in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach, the hot sun in Irvine and San Juan Capistrano, Mission Viejo, Tustin Ranch, San Clemente, and Huntington Beach are unparalleled.
Other Services We Excel At:
Deck Refinishing wood types including Ipe, Mangaris, Redwood, and Cedar.
Front Door and Garage Door Restoration